Unknown to many,these politicians' families share close ties and are friends. As you are about to find out,Raila who is arch rival to Uhuru both happens to share close friendship and this emanates in their families.

Mbugua a nephew to president Uhuru fell victim to the Westgate attack together with his fiancee.

Raila Odinga junior came out to pay an emotional tribute to a lost friend and revealed the close ties both had.

" Raila Odinga Junior :
My friend Mbugua Mwangi
i met my friend Mbugua in the summer of 2006,
where I was introduced to him by my other
friend mwangi kariuki; If my memory serves me
correctly it was at village market. from the
moment I met Mbugua he came across as a bold
yet humble charismatic chap with a huge smile.
Mbugua, mwangi and myself quickly became
very good friends and from then on I felt we
were destined to do a lot of great things
together.
I would like to share with you some of the
highlights of our times together;
Mbugua shared his independence with when he
got his first car were always driving in it
together the three of us sharing a good laugh
and hanging out, and making big plans...
We had many business ventures together which
were always exciting and when we were not at
the apartment we would go to uncle mainas
home for his family get togethers.
Mbugua as we all know had great taste and I
shared the same. when it came to sports we
supported the same football team, f1 team and
even followed the same riders when watching
cycling in short we clicked. It was uncanny how
I'd get excited about something I had just seen
on tv and want to call Mbugua only to find I had
received missed calls from him as he had been
watching the same thing and wanted to share.
we had a very natural friendship
But it wasn't all fun and games, I remember
Mbugua for being the most sensitive person
ever, Mbugua was there for me when I had lost
a friend in 2006, he was very supportive of me
advised and saw me through,whether it was in
business or personal matters, no matter what he
always had my back. Mbugua was that friend
who was one's friend till the end.
Mbugua had never been to western kenya and
relished at the opportunity to go with me to
kakamega to meet my wife's family during my
marriage negotiations, infact Mbugua and
mwangi the hurricane twins we're so excited
about the trip that they overlooked booking
their accommodation, they simply grabbed their
bags and got on the plane. In kisumu the ladies
fell in love with his persona and his light skin
tone, and we made fun of how he would be
swept away by a local supu.
As my groomsman he was very thoughtful the
day before and during my wedding day; he
always kept time and I remember how he was
more nervous than I was, especially when the
drivers were running late to pick up my wife.
and I will always remember seeing his face
turning pink...
Mostly I remember how Mbugua loved his
family, he was always on the phone every other
day with his Mum in Ireland checking on her
and updating her on what was going on. Mbugua
always involved us in his family life; the joint
birthdays with female Cousins, eating nyama
choma at uncles garage, lunch with his dad
captain at Wilson, as well as hanging out and
sharing with his male, he always found the time
to do all this and included his friends to join
along.
My last days with Mbugua will always be fond to
me, we met up end of august 2013 at kengeles
restaurant Mbugua, kariuki and myself to go
watch a football match, Mbugua had been
watching a series called "the men who built
america",and he acted out the series for us, he
emulated john d Rockefeller and said he would
be know as one of the men who built kenya. he
shared with us his progress in his businesses and
the expansion plans....after the match Mbugua
left to go home to be with Rosemary, he had
been away the whole day and was missing her,
Mbugua loved and cared for Rosemary very
much
(To mama Mbugua) I shall remember , honor
and cherish the times I spent with my friend
Mbugua, my only regret is not having have met
him sooner, but I will keep his spirit alive and
thank God for letting him be a blessing in my
life.
Mbugua mwangi was "exactly what it says on the
tin" "A great guy, and a Heart of gold" I will
miss you my guy!
Rest in peace baba # weareone"

5 comments:

  1. thats so sad just shed a tear am so moved by bro at the end of the day we are all kenyans without tribe one tribe one blood we are all kenyans R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear that!
    We met him afew times here in Ireland when he visited the mum... Great young guy rip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pole xana,may God Comfort U Pipo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pole sana my guy #weareone

    ReplyDelete

 
Top