After a long off screen period, the veteran journalist has finally come out of the woods with the news of quiting his editorial position he's been holding at the Royal Media Services.

In a blog post,Alex pens a letter to his colleagues and fans also giving them his next step.



[Chamwada bidding farewell to colleagues at the RMS desks]

Today marks a turning point in my broadcast journalism career. The Royal Media Services (RMS) has accepted my resignation as an Associate Editor/Reporter to enable me start a new journey to the next level. I will soon be back on the TV screen near you with current affairs as an independent content producer.

I would like to thank the wonderful team at RMS for their priceless contribution to my growth as a journalist. Special thanks go to Dr. and Mrs Macharia who have not just been my employers but also mentors and family friends, since my first day as a reporter with Radio Citizen in March 1999, at AMBANK House on University Way. A big thank you to the Group Managing Director, Mr. Wachira Waruru and the Chief Operating Officer, Ms Farida Karoney, for their professional input and guidance while I executed my duties at RMS. I will miss the amazing newsroom team led by Managing Editor Mr. Nixon Nganga.

I began my career in 1994 as a volunteer with the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (radio) while in my second year at Moi University, Eldoret. I later became a freelancer with Transworld Radio that ministers the word of God through radio programmes. I would also work in the book publishing industry as a Marketing Executive with the Foundation for the Promotion of Children’s Science Publications in Africa.

I am also nostalgic about my seven-year stint at the Standard Media Group’s KTN, where I served from 2001 to 2008 when I rejoined RMS to begin the most fascinating and remarkable phase in my broadcast journalism career. My first major international assignment was the coverage of the 2008 U.S. presidential elections, followed by a special series on the life and times of first South African black president Nelson Mandela, titled, In the Footsteps of Mandela.



[Chamwada working our at a farm]

I look back at my experience in RMS, KBC and the Standard Media Group with sense of pride and satisfaction, having achieved a fulfilling career blended with international exposure; working at different times as a contributor to CNN, Voice of America and BBC. I recognize my contacts and friends at CNN headquarters in Atlanta, at VOA in Washington DC and those at BBC in Nairobi and London. THANK YOU my family. THANK YOU my fans and friends. THANK YOU my followers. THANK YOU my critics. You have contributed to who I am. Again I say, Alex Chamwada has you in mind as he begins the career transition. Alex Chamwada will soon be back on the TV screen near you with current affairs as an independent content producer. In my 20th year of broadcasting, a new chapter begins.

Additional info courtesy Alex Chamwada blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top